Tuesday, June 15, 2010

DEMONIKUS

It’s been quite a while since I’ve visited The Mad Lab monthly prop building contest and the beginning of June I really felt the need for a creative challenge, something to break my “been there, done that” feeling that has plagued me since I completed Buster Gravesley.

The challenge for June is to create something scary from a hat, any kind of hat is acceptable and you are free to do what you will with the hat. My concept involves turning an old plastic hardhat into a demonic type of cow skull that I will call “Demonikus.”

The following pictures are sort of self explanatory as I took the hard hat, cut eye holes, added some cardboard to define the shape and sculpted with papier mache clay.

I’m quite pleased with the progress on this piece this exercise in creative freedom really filled the bill….I’m recharged and ready to build like a bat from hell … and what could be better than that?

You can see more photos on the STOLLOWEEN page on Facebook.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin