Monday, October 18, 2010

Scott's Anatomy

I’m not sure what you were expecting to read when you clicked on this post but it’s really not about any of my parts but rather about composing skeletal structures for props.

When it comes to designing my Halloween props I throw the anatomy charts out the window and go for a more stylized approach.

Currently I’m working on three torsos for my Warden characters and something I like to do is incorporate characteristics of the head into the body designs.

An example would be to take the shape of the eye sockets in skull and work that shape into ribcage…in the case of the Warden’s I have incorporated the shape of the teeth into the negative space of the rib.

In my mind this helps make the entire piece cohesive.

Here are some photos of the beginnings of the rib cage, cardboard was used to make a three dimensional shape which will be covered in papier mache strips then textured with papier clay.





1 comment:

Tay's Mache said...

Hey, whenever you get the time can you do a step by step process on building the rib cage and how to attach the arms. I built one but it just doesn't look right to me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin