Last year I experimented with melting some plastic milk jugs into weird skull shapes. The idea was sort of cool but not really my style of decorating. This past spring I took the concept one step further and decided to incorporate the plastic melty skulls into papier mache creature props.
Still a work in progress, the technique involved attaching the plastic skulls to a papier mache balloon with hot glue, then filling in all the gaps with papier mache clay.
The result is promising, something rather abstract resembling a ghoul or something very disfigured.
In one of the photos, teeth made from more plastic milk jugs were incorporated into the design. I’ve got a ton of ideas for plastic milk jugs which is a good thing because we always have a ton of them in the recycle bin.